Watch a former smoker and trained tobacco treatment specialist as she walks you through a three-part video designed to help you see quitting in a new way. She'll show you how to use simple yet helpful tools to prepare for your quit.
In This Video, You'll Learn
- How nicotine affects a smoker's brain
- Insights about smoking routines
- Types of treatment options available
- How to prepare using Plan-to-Quit Cards
- How to develop a new quitting mind set
- How you can increase the chances of success
- What getting support means
Joanne knows what it's like to be a smoker. And a quitter.
Once a smoker, Joanne is now a Mayo Clinic-trained smoking cessation counselor. She's trained to provide strategies to help people quit — from preparing to quit, to quitting, to maintaining a smoke-free life. In her own words: